Sunday 21 June 2015

For The Love of Lip Balm

Hey guys, Happy Solstice!

When I thought about writing this post I assumed it would just be a few balms, I didn't realise how many I have! I'm often losing them (and by that I mean chucking them in my handbag and forgetting all about it) and buying more so hopefully now I've found most of them I will stop!

SPF Lip Balms




Palmers Cocoa Butter and The Body Shop Vitamin E -
Both of these balms have SPF 15. They are my favourites and maybe that has something to do with it, they stay on the lips and protect for longer. I first bought the Body Shop one when I was 15, I had the most painful lips, dry, cracked, bleeding... I saw this in store and picked it up on a whim, within 48 hours my lips were pretty much perfect. It's the only balm I've ever repurchased!



Just Lip Balms



Malin+Goetz Mojito Lip Balm - So disappointed with this, I heard great things but it doesn't seem to help my lips at all and it doesn't even smell like mojito!

Hurraw! Lemon Lip Balm -  I really like this one, it isn't a wonder product but it smells great and makes my lips feel nice too. Plus, it's vegan, which is always a good thing.

The Body Shop Lip Butters - I have Dragon Fruit and 'Chocomania' (no longer on the website), the dragon fruit stays near my makeup and I'll often put it on just after doing my base make up.  I use the cocoa more like vaseline, so I'll pop it on my eyebrows or lashes if I see it.They're nothing special and I wouldn't have them as my only balm but they're nice

Vaseline - I've had them all over the years but I would never buy them now. They don't work at actually nourishing your lips, they essentially burn off the top layer. If I have a lot of dry skin I will use it occasionally and pop a better balm on after but I'd rather use a scrub for that if I can find it.

Tinted Balms




Maybelline Baby Lips and Clinique Chubby Sticks
I barely touch these anymore, they're nice if my lips are dry and I want a touch of colour but they're nothing remarkable. I'm glad I got the mini chubby sticks in various magazines because I don't think they're good enough for the price tag unless you would wear it every day of course, so if they came out with my perfect everyday colour (I'm not sure what that is yet...) then I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Scrub



Look at it glow like an angel!
This is The Body Shop Lipscuff and it's great, works well at exfoliating the lips and smells like mint, what could be better?! I love that it's in a stick rather than a pot as it's less messy and more precise.



No comments:

Post a Comment